The first thing for admins on this site to do is edit and publish submitted SoYP forms:
- Direct participants to the SoYP form to complete basics of their place.
- Their submitted form will be a Pending place. Go to Places > All Items and click Edit.
- Follow the instructions on the markup to right. This does three important things:
- It geolocates the place for display on the mashup map.
- It assigns the correct category for the custom post, also for display on mashup map.
- Finally, once all text is verified, clicking Publish makes it= public!
The next thing to do, once the below items are available, is edit the form again and add the following yourself:
- An update post. This is part of the form itself. You’ll see “Update date” and “Update post” toward the bottom of the form. Have participants submit an update, then post it here! (This is much easier than giving all participants login access to post updates themselves.)
- Additional images. The initial form allows participants to add images of their place, but certainly there will be more—e.g., pictures of their class exploring the place. You can readily add these images yourself. (And note the recommendation that you add one of these images as the featured image, which will show up behind the title.)
- Link to a final outcome. If e.g. a StoryMap, enter its URL. If e.g. a Powerpoint, save as PDF, then upload to this site’s media library and link to its URL.