ACCF is overseen by a five-person board of directors, and assisted by two staff.
Board of Directors
- Larry Ames (Canyonville, OR). Larry is a retired computer scientist and lover of animals and the outdoors. He has worked as a college professor and chief architect for a Fortune 100 company. He is a board member of several groups in the local community and actively promotes opportunities for our kids to grow and learn about nature and science. Larry volunteers his time at Alder Creek to do just about whatever needs to be done.
- Nancee Hunter (Portland, OR). Nancee is Director of the Center for Geography Education in Oregon (C-GEO), housed at Portland State University. She has also served as the Director of Education at Oregon State University’s Hatfield Marine Science Center and the National Geographic Society. Nancee has extensive experience creating, researching, and coordinating teacher professional development (with intent to always include some technology initiatives), as well as STEM/geography curriculum and education programs. When Nancee is not building programs or partnerships that support life-long learners, she can be found on the trails, in the swimming pool, in the kitchen or on the dance floor.
- Jim Proctor (Portland, OR). Jim Proctor was born and raised in Canyonville, where he was active in Boy Scouts, the local Methodist Church, and school music and sports. After graduating from the University of Oregon, Jim served in the Peace Corps in Africa for four years, then returned for advanced studies in engineering, environmental science, and geography. Jim taught environmental geography at the University of California, Santa Barbara from 1992 to 2005, then moved to Lewis & Clark College in Portland, where he has served from 2005 to the present as Professor and Director of Environmental Studies.
- Joy Proctor (Portland, OR). Joy Proctor is a celebrity event designer and editorial stylist. She has been named top wedding planner by Harpers Bazaar and Brides Magazine. In addition to her event work, Joy is regarded as one of the most highly sought after editorial stylists and creative directors in her field. Her work as a speaker, capsule collection line with Bella Bella shoes and others collaborations have earned her global recognition as a trend setter in the wedding industry. Joy serves as the creative director and social media manager for ACCF.
- Phil Rich (Riddle, OR). Phil Rich is a retired educator, having taught junior high for 28 years up through 2001. He was raised in Arizona, received a B.S. in education in 1971 and a M.S. in guidance counseling psychology in 1976. Phil’s most recent teaching position was with the South Umpqua School District in southern Douglas County.
- Devin Hunt (School Coordinator) Devin coordinates educational K-12 experiences and the delivery of the Story of Your Place curriculum to Educators. Devin has a passion and appreciation for the outdoors and serving youth. An Oregon native himself, Devin appreciates the beauty and Geography of the area. Having grown up in rural Oregon, Devin relates to the Douglas County community. Devin attended Northwest Christian University in Eugene, OR. You can reach Devin anytime at 541-520-8523 or email@example.com
- Tanner Eggert (Americorps Volunteer). Tanner Eggert is the Forest Educator and Volunteer Coordinator who works with Alder Creek through United Communities AmeriCorps in Douglas County. He is a University of Washington graduate with a Bachelor’s of Science in Earth and Space Sciences focused in Geology and a minor in History. From the Eastside of Seattle, Tanner spent most of his time in a forest which cultivated an appreciation of the natural world. In his position with AmeriCorps Tanner wants to share that appreciation with the youth of Douglas County and create a community that values what they have around them.